2014 Acura RLX Flagship Sedan - US Price $48,450
Acura has announced the new 2014 RLX Flagship Sedan. The luxurious vehicle is priced from $48,450, excluding destination fees.
2014 Acura RLX is powered by a 3.5 liter V6 with 310HP (231 kW) and 368 (272 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a 6-speed automatic transmission and able to return 20 mpg city / 31 mpg highway / 24 mpg combined.
The new RLX has the most spacious passenger cabin in its class, and the first-ever application of signature Acura technologies including Precision All-Wheel Steer™ and Jewel Eye™ LED headlamps, the RLX delivers new levels of technology-enhanced performance, safety, and luxury-class comfort to Acura's range-topping sedan.
"With an array of signature Acura technologies, the 2014 Acura RLX sets a new standard for luxury in the Acura lineup," commented Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales.
"The feature-rich RLX epitomizes Acura's 'Man-Machine Synergy' product direction, utilizing advanced technology and smart vehicle design to deliver incredible performance, comfort and value on a luxury scale.", he added.
RLX with Navigation
RLX with Technology Package
RLX with Krell Audio Package
RLX with Advance Package
- Class leading interior space based on the RLX's longer wheelbase and efficient packaging. At 196.1 inches, the RLX is similar in length to the outgoing RL, but it has a two-inch longer wheelbase and is nearly two inches wider, placing the new RLX well above the norm in the mid-luxury class. The flagship RLX sedan has up to three inches more rear legroom than competing models, including the BMW 535i, Lexus GS350 and Audi A6.
- Extensive use of lightweight materials includes the application of strength steel to 55 percent of the body, and the intensive use of aluminum—for the front fenders, hood, steering hangar beam, front and rear bumper beams, front subframe, and all-new "hybrid" front and rear door panels (steel inner structure mated to aluminum outer skin). The RLX weighs in at 3,933 pounds. Static bending and torsional body rigidity are up 52 percent and 46 percent, respectively.
- Jewel-Eye™ LED headlights (an Acura first) LED lamps enhance the RLX's modern and distinctive appearance while providing outstanding light distribution and improved down-the-road illumination.
- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ offers a wide range of search options including local search functionality and AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ for both highways and surface streets.
- Agile Handling Assist (an Acura first) uses active braking to help the driver smoothly and easily trace the desired line through a curve with smaller steering inputs.
- Electric Parking Brake (an Acura first) provides one-touch parking brake activation.
- Automatic Brake Hold (an Acura first) maintains the vehicle's position when the driving or parking brake are released until the throttle is depressed.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (an Acura first), allows the RLX to independently maintain a set following distance in low-speed traffic situations, including stop and go traffic, and to initiate vehicle braking when necessary.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) uses a camera mounted in the upper portion of the windshield to detect vehicles ahead of the RLX and audibly and visually alert the driver when it determines a frontal collision with a detected vehicle is possible.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) uses the same windshield-mounted camera to detect lane markings on the road and alerts the driver if the vehicle is wandering from a detected lane.
- Front seatbelt e-pretensioners use electronic control to reduce belt tension under normal driving conditions, while also enabling automatic belt tensioning in hard cornering maneuvers or in the event of a collision.
- Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines uses dynamic guidelines that reflect steering wheel inputs on the display to aid in backup maneuvers.
- Capless fueling (an Acura first) eliminates the fuel cap and improves ease of fueling.