2012 Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG will have its official debut at the New York Auto Show next month. However, the manufacturer has revealed the model a little earlier. The monster will compete its true nightmare – BMW E92 M3.
C63 AMG is powered by the famous 6.2 liter V8 engine with 457PS (336 kW) and 600Nm (443 lb-ft). The engine is mated to a 7-speed SpeedShift MCT gearbox. 0 to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds and the top speed is electronically limiter to 250km/h (155 mph). However, the car will easily go up to 300 km/h. The big engine is not so thirsty – 12.0 l/100 km on combined cycle.
If this power is not enough, you can order AMG Performance Package, which boosts the engine to 487PS (358 kW) and 600Nm (443 lb-ft). The acceleration is slightly increasd 4.4 seconds to 100 km/h.
The interior boasts AMG sports seats, door panel centers and armrests upholstered in black designo leather with contrasting porcelain seams on the sports seats. It also has AMG performance steering wheel.
The exterior features AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in matt black. An exclusive option is available - a matt finish in designo magno night black or diamond white metallic BRIGHT.
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG is priced at €72 590. . The optional AMG Performance package costs additional €7116.20.
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe:
|C 63 AMG Coupé|
|Bore x stroke||102.2 x 94.6 mm|
|Compression ratio||11.3 : 1|
|Output||336 kW (457 hp) at 6800 rpm
358 kW (487 hp) at 6800 rpm*
|Max. torque||600 Nm at 5000 rpm|
|Engine weight (dry)||195 kg 192 kg*|
|Fuel consumption NEDC combined||12.0 l/100 km|
|CO2 emissions||280 g/km|
|Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h||4.5 s 4.4 s*|
|Top speed||250 km/h**|
* with AMG performance package; ** electronically limited Options:
- AMG five-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in titanium grey with a high-gloss finish, with 235/40 R 18 (front) and 255/35 R 18 (rear) tyres
- AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in titanium grey with a high-gloss finish, with 235/35 R 19 (front) and 255/30 R 19 (rear) tyres
- AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in matt black with a high-gloss finish on the rim flange, with 235/35 R 19 (front) and 255/30 R 19 (rear) tyres
- AMG Exterior Carbon Fibre package
- AMG rear axle differential lock
- AMG trim elements in carbon fibre/high-gloss black piano lacquer
- Illuminated AMG door sill panels
- AMG floor mats
- ABS anti-lock braking system (standard)
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist (optional)
- Active Lane Keeping Assist (optional)
- Active Blind Spot Assist (optional)
- ATTENTION ASSIST (standard)
- DISTRONIC PLUS including BAS PLUS (optional)
- Electronic Stability Program ESP® (standard)
- Headlamp Assist (standard)
- Speed Limit Assist (optional)
- ntelligent Light Systems ILS (optional)
- PARKTRONIC including Parking Guidance (optional)
- PRE-SAFE® (optional)
- PRE-SAFE® Brake (optional)
- Lane Keeping Assist (optional)
- Cruise control with SPEEDTRONIC variable speed control (standard)
- Blind Spot Assist (optional)